Original Counted Cross Stitch Designs

Please visit my webshop, Of Generations Past, to see all the designs available with full descriptions. Many of my designs are now available through Hoffman Distributing, as well.

Thursday, February 10, 2011

A New Design... Gettysburg!

A new design has been shipped off to Hoffman in time for the Nashville Needlework Market.  When I was thinking about a design I kept coming back to February, and Presidents' Day.  With that in mind, I decided to do Bits of History #2 - Gettysburg, Pennsylvania.  This gave me a chance to create a sampler which uses the end of Lincoln's Gettysburg Address, a bookmark with a phrase from the beginning of his speech, and a small "ornament" (which could also be framed) of a scene from the battlefield parks in Gettysburg.

I love Gettysburg and it has so much to offer.... not only the historic sites, museums and parks dedicated to the Battle of Gettysburg during the Civil War in 1863, but also a beautiful town with wonderful shops and restaurants, and drives you can take to visit the fruit belt, vineyard, etc.

This year also begins the kickoff events of the 150th anniversary of the Battle of Gettysburg, and they have something planned from this year, 2011, through 2015 (the 150th anniversary of the Civil War which took place in 1861-1865). 

No comments:

Post a Comment