Original Counted Cross Stitch Designs

Please visit my webshop, Of Generations Past, to see all the designs available with full descriptions. Many of my designs are now available through Hoffman Distributing, as well.

Wednesday, April 20, 2011

New Spring Designs and an Old Favorite

This springtime design features a quote by Christina Rossetti.  It looks nice framed, but would also make a pretty pillow using your favorite floral fabric and pretty ribbon.



Another piece for spring and summer based on a poem by Christina Rossetti.  I embellished mine with bug and butterfly buttons from Just Another Button Company.  This can be stitched for boys and girls who love bugs... you could easily change the color of the lattice border, or even the color of the verse, to suit your particular "critter" lover ;)



My Beach House... perfect to hang on the wall of your beach home, or in a room decorated in a seaside theme.  I have mine in my office... I might be 2-1/2 hours away from the beach, but I've surrounded myself with items, photos and samplers from my favorite place... the sea!



Spring Lighthouse and Summer Lighthouse... small ornament size pieces (about 4"x4" when finished as ornaments) that are quick to stitch... perfect for some beach time needlework.  Stitch them separately as shown here, or stitch them on a large piece of fabric to frame or finish as a pillow or banner.  Fall and Winter Lighthouses will follow in a couple of months.  Spring Lighthouse has a few rain clouds in the sky, ready to sprinkle on those wildflowers.  Summer Lighthouse features a sailboat gliding through the sea.

 
I'm originally from New York, and after spending years seeing the World Trade Center being built, I wanted to do something in honor of the 10th anniversary of September 11th.  I thought this quote by Herman Melville was just perfect and conveyed my own thoughts.  You see the city rising from the "bay", with the Hudson River (also known as the North River) to the left and the East River to the right.

The small piece has 2 additional dates:  1966 is the year they broke ground and 1973 is the year both towers were completed and the ribbon cutting ceremony took place.  There are seven buildings, representing the seven that came down that day in 2001.




Spring Planting was designed as a companion piece to Fall Baking.  I decided to change the format of the design as I worked, and couldn't resist adding a white picket fence around the spring plantings, with two little bunnies just waiting to enter and enjoy some goodies. 



Finally, one of my favorites is "Missy", a small (4"x4") piece that's designed in honor of our now 19-year old kitty, Missy.  I've had quite a few requests for this design recently, so thought I'd add it here in with the more recent pieces for this spring. 




I'm already working on several new designs... a few for summer, for fall, and several Christmas pieces!  


Joanne




 

No comments:

Post a Comment