Original Counted Cross Stitch Designs

Please visit my webshop, Of Generations Past, to see all the designs available with full descriptions. Many of my designs are now available through Hoffman Distributing, as well.

Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Busy Times


This week I'm busy getting ready for the Online Needlework Show which begins on Thursday.  I always love spending hours looking at all the booths and making lists of designs I'd love to purchase. 

I've been procrastinating for way too long, so I'm hoping this show is just what I need to get me going again.  I have over 40 designs in various stages - sketched, notes made, some partially drawn in the software program, some charted but only partially stitched.  I need to get back to work!

Several of the designs were inspired by a winter trip in January, when I spent a week in Cedar Rapids, Iowa after taking our daughter back up to Chicago for grad school.  I always take a winter vacation to enjoy some cold weather and snow since we live in San Antonio, TX, where we just don't get a real winter.  The fields were covered with snow, some ponds were frozen, and it was just beautiful.  

The best part of the trip was getting together with an old friend who does nature photography, and he took me down to a place along the Iowa River to see the eagles that were there.  I loved it there so much that I visited that spot every day the entire week.  I spent about an hour each time, walking along the bike path that ran alongside the river, enjoying the cold weather, the bare trees, the sound of geese and ducks, and the eagles who were sitting in the trees and would occasionally swoop down to the river and then head back up to the sky and soar above the trees.  It was the perfect place for some solitary time, and for creative ideas.  

I'm looking forward to getting these ideas from my head to charts, so I can share some of the beauty with all of you, too.  Hopefully, it will be soon!

Joanne


 



No comments:

Post a Comment