Original Counted Cross Stitch Designs

Please visit my webshop, Of Generations Past, to see all the designs available with full descriptions. Many of my designs are now available through Hoffman Distributing, as well.

Friday, May 3, 2013

After the Online Needlework Show

 "You are never too old to set another goal or to dream a new dream."
- C.S. Lewis

Isn't that a great quote?  It's such perfect advice, too.  There are always new things we find to interest us and to dream about.  In my last post I mentioned meeting an old friend in January and him taking me to the Iowa River to see the bald eagles there. He does nature photography and I have 7 of his large prints of eagles hanging here in one area of my office. 

Ever since that trip to the river I have a new passion -- eagles.  As I sit here working at my computer during the day I always have the webcam of one of the eagle nests up in the corner of my screen so I can see what the parents and eaglets are doing.  Yes, it seems I'm obsessed with eagles these days.

The Online Needlework Show was a lot of fun and I'm so glad I decided to participate again after taking last year off.  I made some sales, made some contacts with other designers, and met some great stitchers who participated in my doorprize offering and sent me the nicest emails.  

The orders from the shops have been shipped, the doorprizes were sent, and since I hate leaving people out, I sent email notes to the others who participated in the doorprize, sending them a discount "coupon" for a future order.

I think I'll spend some time this weekend putting my office back in order, and then get to work next week getting a few new designs drawn and begin stitching the models.  I have so many different ideas in my head (and in a notebook and sketched in several other places) and it's difficult to decide which to begin since my interests go in many different directions.  Maybe I can get a few of them done :)

Thank you to all who visited me at the Online Needlework Show!    

Joanne

No comments:

Post a Comment